- Privacy Act Obligations
Booth’s Motor Group is an organisation that is bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. A copy of the National Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or, you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
This Policy is intended to cover most personal information handled by us, but is not exhaustive. If you have any queries about our management of your personal information, you are encouraged to contact us for further information.
- Collection, Storage and Use of Personal Information
Your personal information is collected when you:–
- Enquire about purchasing goods or services from us,
- Purchase goods or services from us,
- Apply for finance,
- E-mail an enquiry to us
- To supply goods and services to you,
- To provide after sales service,
- For administrative purposes,
- To conduct promotional and marketing activities.
- Access to Personal Information
- You may contact us at any time to request access to your personal information,
- This access may be denied if we are entitled to do so,
- We may charge a fee for providing access, although lodging a request for access will be free of charge,
- We will update information we hold about individuals if it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Kinds of Personal Information Held
The kind of personal information that Booth’s Motor Group holds is:
- Name, address and e-mail addresses,
- Phone numbers,
- Vehicle registration numbers and VINs,
- Previous purchase history.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Other Organisations
We may disclose your personal information to Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) or Great Wall Motor Corporation Australia (HMCA) for purposes that include supplying goods or services that you request, providing other services (eg. The Diamond Care Roadside Assistance program), and contacting you for promotional, safety, or market research purposes. MMAL or HMCA may disclose your personal information to certain other organisations, such as marketing and research companies and other contractors for purposes related to the purposes outlined above.
We may also disclose your personal information to other Third Parties including:–
- Esanda Finance Corp Ltd or other Finance companies to assess your application for finance to purchase a vehicle,
- NSW Roads and Traffic Authority for vehicle registration purposes,
- Great Wall Cars Australia Pty Ltd for safety, marketing and service history purposes,
- Companies offering extended warranty policies for vehicles for claim history purposes,
- Companies offering insurance on vehicles to access your application for insurance,
- Our Internet Service Providers.
- Online Privacy
Our web site does not use "cookies" to track access, but your Internet Service Provider’s URL is recorded. The site offers no security features and the security and integrity of any information submitted cannot be guaranteed during its transmission, due to the nature of the Internet. We will however, take steps to secure information once it has been received.
If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by Booth’s Motor Group, or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please contact David Booth at PO Box 547 Gosford, NSW 2250, or e-mail email@example.com , phone 02.43217777, or fax 02.43217771.
- Contact Information
In accordance with NPP 5.2, you may obtain further information about our privacy practices, or if you have any privacy issue, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Privacy Manager, PO Box 547, Gosford. NSW 2250, or phone 02.43217777 or fax 02.43217771.
1st February 2002 (last update November 2008)